From Applied Research and Technology-Entrepreneurial Know-How Exchange to Development of Interdisciplinary Curricula Modules
Duration: 01.12.2013 - 01.11.2016
Reference Number: 544031-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-AT-TEMPUS-JPHES
Project website: www.my-ktu.eu
- P1 (Coordinator) – FH JOANNEUM, Austria
- P2 - World University Service - Austrian Committee, Austria
- P3 - Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- P4 - Universitat de Girona, Spain
- P5 - Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- P6 - International Scientific and Technical University, Ukraine, Kiev
- P7 - National Aerospace University, Ukraine, Kharkov
- P8 – SIBUABNBU / UBDNBU Sevastopol Inst. of Banking of the National Bank of Ukraine, University of Banking of the National Bank of Ukraine, Ukraine; Sevastopol / Kiev
- P9 - Khmelnitskiy National University, Ukraine
- P10 - Kyiv State Maritime Academy, Ukraine
- P11 - Dniprodzerzhinsk state technical university, Ukraine
- P12 - Ukrainian Students' Association, Ukraine, Kiev
- P13 - Center of Innovative Engineering Technologies Ltd., Ukraine, Kharkov
- P14 - Association of Small Enterprises of Ukraine, Ukraine, Kiev
- P15 - Transcarpathian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Ukraine, Uzhgorod
- P16 - Ukrainian Institute for Scientific, Technical & Economic Info, Ukraine, Kiev
- P17 - Dnipropetrovsk Aggregate Plant, Ukraine
- P18 - Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Ukraine
KTU aims at development of sustainable relationship between universities and economy in Ukraine.
The wider objective of this project is to strengthen the PCUs (Partner Country Universities) in a way that will allow them to fulfill their central role as innovators in their national economies and to become a respected partner of the enterprises.
With the support of the EU partners from Austria, Hungary, Spain and Sweden, the PCUs will establish Knowledge Transfer Units and develop their capacities. This will allow them to attract enterprises by offering them specific services and technologies (rapid prototyping technology). By working jointly on pilot projects, universities and enterprises will develop direct and sustainable relationships that will considerably contribute to the development of both universities and the national economy.
In second line this project aims at curriculum modernization using the inputs gained from the activities of the Knowledge Transfer Units and developing of new and modernized practice oriented interdisciplinary modules which will be implemented during the project.
This project’s Consortium gathers all relevant stakeholders from the partner countries (universities, companies, research bodies, ministry, student union) as well as a group of EU partners carrying considerable experience in the area of applied research, technology transfer and curricula modernization.
Project´s content & methodology:
The project focuses on all three areas of the university’s action –research, technology transfer and teaching, with an overall objective of developing the cooperation between the enterprises and the HEI and consequently improving the employability of the graduates in Ukraine. The project focuses on creating interdisciplinarity between the areas of engineering and business administration.
The project is based on the development and functioning of the Knowledge Transfer Unites (KTUs) at each of the involved PCUs that will be the meeting point for the entrepreneurs and students.
The main milestones / main deliveries are:
- KTU ESTABLISHMENT
- KTU CAPACITY BUILDING
- METHODOLOGY DEVELOPMENT
- PILOT PROJECTS
- QUALITY ASSURANCE
- WELL PLANNED MANAGEMENT